Chicago Deportation Lawyer

Stay of Deportation / Stay of Removal Attorneys

If you are not a Unites Stated citizen, and are facing deportation, you need to postpone deportation while you attempt to get permission to remain in the country legally.

We represent clients who report to ICE / ERO Enforcement and Removal Operations

We do this by filing stays of removal to stop deportations. We also attend ICE Supervision report dates for our clients in order to help negotiate more time for our clients living here with their loved ones. Many times our clients are here providing for their immediate family members – wife, parents or children.

Deportation or removal, is the process of removing a foreigner from the country. Because it can be tough to fight your case when you’re no longer living in the United States–and because deportation can cause tremendous stress to you and your family–you should ask to have your deportation postponed so you can pursue all legal options.

This postponement is called a stay of deportation or stay of removal. A stay is a temporary suspension of an action. When we talk about a stay of deportation or a stay of removal, it means that the Field Office Director of ICE / Office of Enforcement & Removal Operations (ERO) has postponed a scheduled deportation.

A stay of deportation is requested while you are appealing your case. An appeal is when you ask a higher court to review the decision of a lower court in hopes of reversing that decision.

In most cases, people will not be deported during the appeal period or time. However, at The Board of Immigration Appeals discretion, a stay of deportation may be issued while the appeal itself is pending.

Immigration proceedings are complex. Deportation cases can split up family members and loved ones. We provide legal advice for people and families who are seeking ways to live and work legally in the United States. It pays to hire an experienced immigration attorney to help you with your case.

To schedule a free consultation with a top Chicago immigration lawyer at one of our local offices, call 773-521-3300, 708-788-9900 or contact us by e-mail.